Thursday, August 18, 2011

Be the water, not the rock...

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a old sowing desk from an estate sale and my first thoughts of excitement were that I now had a place to work on my blog- some place a little more comfortable than my bed. The pain and stiffness make it very difficult to stay in one spot for more than a few minutes without fidgeting and having to stop whatever I was doing. So not only does the desk mean that I finally have a place to put all my piles of paperwork, but somewhere to rest my laptop while easily being able to work in intervals without interruptions to me or my laptop- my cat Mira has no disregard for my poor laptop. She finds it a suitable place to sit, stand, or lie on, whether its in my lap or next to me. 
While I have all the furniture in place, the 'putting things in place' portion of this task has been thwarted by my still feeling poorly. Everything has been slow going lately...and so has the blog. I've been writing here and there, but haven't been able to finish much. And when I go to finish, days later, much of it hasn't made sense and just needs scrapping. Slow until this flare up goes away or lessens, I'm hoping to write at least 2 posts a week since the daily post ambition is clearly not hacking it right now. I hope to have pictures up of my new desk and to put up more research and articles I've been reading, so don't think I've given up or disappeared! Sometimes its better to be the water and not the rock...

No comments:

Post a Comment