Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Up to Date

I don't know about the rest of you living in North Texas, but the end of the triple digit days has never made me so thankful that fall is almost here! What a surprise it was to step outside yesterday and get goosebumps because of the cool air. As much as I wanted to go ride my bike or take a walk,  the transition in the weather really affected me and I spent much of yesterday lying down. But I was thinking about what a gift it was that the weather has finally cooled down and how I can't wait to enjoy it! For the past three months the extreme heat and barometric pressure changes caused the worst flare up of my RSD than I've had in a while and the reason I haven't posted anything in a few weeks. But today is a decent day and I hope as things outside become more consistent, the better I will be feeling. 
I can't say that I've gotten much of anything done these last weeks other than thinking about a multitude of topics I wanted to post on my blog. Creating posts in my head helped to past the time away and I even wrote a few drafts on my computer, although I was unable to finish them. Much of the time my hands were too swollen and painful to type for very long, but it has made me very eager to find my Mac microphone (it's buried somewhere among myriads of boxes yet to be unpacked) so that I can dictate to the computer instead of typing manually. My ambition for this blog has yet to realized and with the help of the microphone, I hope to be a much more regular writer.
Thank you for continuing to check my blog even though it's been a while since any new posts. It was a rather large endeavor to start this at a time when my health hasn't been the most consistent, but the blog has become a real passion for me and there's so many things I want to share with everyone. If there is anyone you think would want to know about the blog, please pass the information on to them. My hope is this will become a resource that people can use to seek more knowledge about all chronic pain (especially RSD/CRPS and other neuropathies) and how it affects those who have it, their caregivers, family, and friends. But more importantly, a place where others can share their ideas, questions, and stories about how these illnesses have directly or indirectly impacted their lives. 

www.dum-spiro-spero-rsd.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment